Monday 2 February 2009

My life in second hand quotes

Christmas:
"Watcha doing?" texts Vicky.
"Making soup for the school Advent Fair," I text back.
"C***."
"Am also weaving Xmas wreath to sell for starving children with my teeth while knitting hats for the poor with feet."
"Self-righteous c***," she texts, and refuses to speak to me at all for three days.

New Year's Eve - should old acquaintance's kids be forgot.......Oh, yes, please
"Francis and Omega Mum, could you speak to your son? He keeps asking my children why they don't know where their knobs are. It's so inappropriate."

As midnight strikes, we find ourselves hating Leo, the friend and each other in equal measure. We do not exchange New Year's Eve kisses.

Snow
"I'm the only one who hasn't turned up for work," says a stricken Francis. He has taken a break from greasing the toboggan rails to listen to stories of heroism from the colleagues who have taken four hours to get to work for the privilege of being in the office for two more before struggling home again.

News from my in-box
1. Freecycle
Wanted - bike for person. Just for going to the shops and leisurely wee cycles up the river.
"We've all had those wee cycles," observes Vicky, "and it's not a bike she should be asking for."

2. Valentine's Day Spam Honesty shock
'Just order online your ideal Valentine's day present!You falter whether you should get our replica watch for Valentine's day present and you are frightened that its material will lighten away pretty soon?'
Well, yes, since you ask. Well spotted.

4 comments:

softinthehead said...

Welcome back, I have missed your wicked view of life :)

Waffle said...

Ah, lovely Omega Mum, just when I am about to remove you, regretfully from my blogroll, you spring back. Hoorah! Don't say 'soup' though. It's a painful subject chez Waffle.

What news of Sasha? And the jelly?

Breakfast in California said...

I'm so glad you're posting again. You always make me smile!

Omega Mum said...

softinthehead: Thank you so much

Jaywalker: Thanks for hanging on in there.

Breakfast in California: How very nice.