Wednesday 9 April 2008

A friend e-mails

'We are doing well. If it is any consolation to you, another friend, who works in the mental health arena, (a little visual here of a white lab coat, in a coliseum trying to reason with schizophrenic lions) told me that the worst a woman will ever feel is when she is 44 years old; her parents are old and sick, her kids are teenagers and hate her, she has come to the realisation that her success and ambitions are limited (and more than likely over) and her body and hormones are conspiring against her.

So remember - you cannot be held accountable for any of your actions.

That's probably just as well. We move house on May 2nd. I may notify you of our new address/phone number in a few weeks but seeing as you are still sending Christmas cards to the place we left five years ago, it might all be a bit pointless....

9 comments:

softinthehead said...

Well at least they keep in touch :)

Anonymous said...

I like the not being accountable for actions bit! Great excuse to turn batty.

CJ xx

Mya said...

44 is the new 64. I am a bit unclear (what's new??) Are you moving house, or is it your friend? So glad to read someone else's mind/brain/memory is totally shot - you don't think it's over-blogging, do you?

Mya x

Frog in the Field said...

For Christs sake, you mean it gets worse??
Thanks a bunch.

Cath said...

Hi OM - I am 42. Can I use the excuse 'not accountable'? It would be very useful and I'm not far off 44...

Award for you at my place... :0)

Irene said...

Wasn't one of you Christmas gifts a new address book to neatly write everyone's address in with their phone numbers? I distinctly remember it. And every time you got a change of address card you were supposed to immediately write the new address down it it. Yes, I am sure that was the plan!

Gwen said...

A cheery little e mail and no mistake. Moving house sounds like a good option.

Omega Mum said...

Soft (do you mind the abbreviation): True, I grant you.

CJ: If only I needed an excuse

mya: well, it's certainly not the new 69. I'm not sure who's moving either, but I'll let you know if I discover it's me.

finthef: No - it's just as bad, but in a different way. ]

crazycath: Of course you can. I've been doing it since I was 18.

sweetI: You're so right - but where did I put it?

gwen: Sorry. More cheer v soon!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my God... it's terrible ! Fortunately, I am 50... and did not experience these awful things at 44. Or... I should say : I have survived ! Enjoy life ! Carpe diem.