Sunday 4 November 2007

Festive offers from Freecycle

1. Two old cushions. Used as dog beds. A good wash should get rid of most of stains and smells.

2. A small opened pack of smoked cheese. When I opened it I found that I didn't actually like it.

Don't even think of joining the crowds rushing to ask for these - I got in first.

Another brace of Xmas presents crossed off the list - though I'll have to stress that the 'best before' date on the cheese probably no longer applies.

Still no arc welder, though, which is a disappointment.

5 comments:

NH Yocal said...

No way, the cheese is mine! (Please tell me these aren't real listings...)

molly gras said...

but Omega Mum ...

I was going to put 'smoked cheese' as my request on our newly established Blogger Pals Pollyanna Christmas wish list.

now I'm so disappointed :(

DJ Kirkby said...

You are making these up! I attempted to join free cycle to check but panicked when they wanted my home address etc...

I Beatrice said...

Don't fancy the cheese, or the dog cushions - but am sending my personal arc welder round immediately.

Omega Mum said...

Melinda: They are both real. Shortened, but real. Even I couldn't make them up.

Molly Gras: I am devastated for you. But one day you will learn to live your life again. And if you don't, I'll find you someone else's to live instead.

DJ: Promise on Bad Lindy's reputation. Amazing but true. Sign up just so you, too, can experience Freecycle in all its glory

IB: We clearly all want an arc welder, don't we? It's touched a nerve (not literally, though, I'm pleased to say).