Thursday 1 November 2007

Louche in cyberspace

Plates and cups hurt themselves to the floor. Vital documents, hands over their mouths to stifle their sniggers, creep into cracks in floorboards, slip behind cupboards, insert themselves into books that are never opened.

Even my e-mails are at it again. I send a 'don't forget' note to myself (sad but occasionally necessary). It doesn't arrive until the next day, and looks distinctly wobbly and blurred when it does finally turn up, emitting what sounds like a small hiccup instead of the normal 'ping'.

It's quite obvious that my authority has deteriorated to the point where even my e-mails, despite being told to hurry on home are stopping off in some louche cyberspace pub, having a couple of beers and then staying out into the small hours before tottering home. Next thing you know I'll have the first e-mail to turn up with a cyber ASBO.

What on earth is going on?

8 comments:

I Beatrice said...

Yes, and why is it that the book you need desperately at any given moment, is always the one that has mysteriously disappeared? I dream of living an orderly methodical life, where everything is in its place and nothing ever vanishes never again to reappear.

My next incarnation perhaps? And yours too...?

Be of good cheer though. Halloween is over; only Bonfire Night to get through - and then it will be Christmas!

Mid-lifer said...

Hic...dunno....

Casdok said...

Full moon???

The Woman who Can said...

Can't be you , OM. Might be poltergeists. But not you.

Motheratlarge said...

Christmas party season starting early?

They'll be up to mischief at the office party at this rate.

DJ Kirkby said...

Hahahahahahhaahahaaaaaaaaah! Going to work now and expect I will embarass myself by snigering repeatedly, for no apparent reason, at all the wrong times. I shall blame your blog frequently!

Potty Mummy said...

Aha. This sounds familiar OM; could you be suffering from (I hardly say it, it's so antiquated a notion) - PMT? I only ask because it's my (secret) excuse for everything that doesn't go the way I want it to... Children not doing as they are told? They are affected by my hormonal swings. Husband being tetchy? His PMT. Carrots rotting in the fridge because I'm too rubbish a housewife to get round to making that nourishing soup I planned last Thursday? I was suffering from PMT and ate chocolate instead.

See what I mean?

Omega Mum said...

IB: I don't know. But I would love find out. Thanks for reminders of fireworks and Christmas....!

mid-lifer: You, too?

Casdok: You mean they're all electronically attracted into outer space? Quite possible.

Tina: Thanks for reassurance.

M@L: Like idea of office party for e-mails. Perhaps they meet up with all the deleted ones there.

DJ: Sniggering at inappropriate moments my forte, too.

Potty m: PMT as universal reason for problems? Like it. Is it my PMT or e-mails' PMT?