Tuesday 25 September 2007

Bodacious and proud of it

I love awards. Thank you, Mya, for the 'Bodacious Blogger'. It came at a particularly good moment, when I was wondering just what I thought I was doing casting yet another load of botched-together sentences into the ether.

I keep expecting to get an e-mail from some craftsmen saying, "Who's been putting your paragraphs together? There's a gap in your argument so big you could drive a truck through it. As for that logic, flawed isn't in it. And whoever supplied that non sequitor should be struck off. By the way, I've got a box of adjectives going cheap in the back of my van. I can see you're desperate. I can do a good price if you take the lot."

Temporarily reassured, I'm passing the award on, this time to Mother at Large and Lady Macleod who I'm convinced have bodaciousness in their genes.

9 comments:

lady macleod said...

thank you my dear. I love the venacular as well as the very Red coloring! Too much fun. Soon I shall begin to feel 'in the times' rather than as Q describes me - a Victorian with a laptop!

I appreciate you thinking of me, very kind indeed.

*We shall have to order a nice curio cabinet soon from SEcond Life eh?

I Beatrice said...

Am not looking for an award, I promise you (I never know where to put them, for a start). But it does occur to me that if so many other bloggers are apparently bodacious, then I ought to be trying to get a bit of it too...

Perhaps you will tell me what it means? My dictionary gives it as a sort of hybrid of bold and audacious - which seems just about right? (I was astonished to find it there at all in fact. Has it arrived just lately, do you think?)

Don't listen to that mean-spirited detractor of yours, btw! Your blogs bring a cheerfulness, and a curious kind of reverse sanity to my mornings, that I couldn't think of trying to do without.

Not sure what reverse sanity is of course - but perhaps it's an offshoot of bodaciousness? (Or should it be bodacity...? No, bodaciousness definitely better!)

Omega Mum said...

Lady M: Yes to curio cabinet - it's just choosing the finish that's stopping me. And the number of shelves. And the inherent immodesty of it all.

IB: Awards will surely be coming your way - but I know of old that putting up logos is a problem (though it really is quite extraordinarily easy, even for me). I have no idea what Bodacious means - but I like it. I think your dictionary is spot on.

Irene said...

Congratulations on the award, I am pretty sure, I think, that you deserve it, in fact I am almost certain of it! Yes, it must really be true. What a nice indomitable award to get, so cheeky too and so intrepid. Maybe some day...

Omega Mum said...

Thank you so much Sweet I. And keep going. It will all be worth it, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

Very well deserved award. Congrats! Crystal xx

Omega Mum said...

Crystal J: Thanks very much.

debio said...

Well done and well deserved!

Omega Mum said...

Thanks, Debio.