Monday 14 January 2008

Now with added blue sky and flowers

Ta, Mya (Missing you already) so much for my new award. It's adding a much needed dash of colour and loveliness that was sorely missing from my blog. First kittens, now flowers. At this rate we'll all be going to Lovely Land in a handcart.

Except Bad Lindy, of course. I mentioned the award to her, with some pride, and she immediately started work on one of her own - first recipient, me.

If it's ever offered to you, refuse it at all cost.

With the working title 'Sad Bastards trapped in Cyber space' award, it features giblets (naturally) as a reminder of what the real world has to offer and is also armed with a virus. The picture cleverly overrides the 'shrink to fit' command in the blog layout and, once in situ, is impossible to delete. Rampaging through your blog, it coarsens every heartfelt emotion, substituting rudeness for taste and guffaws for refined humour.

I, as you can see, was invaded long, long ago.........

10 comments:

Ellee Seymour said...

Congratulations on all your brilliant awards :-)

Casdok said...

YOu do make me laugh and just when i needed it to! Thank you!

Omega Mum said...

Ellee: Thank you very much indeed

Casdok: Don't laugh. I happen to know you're on Lindy's hit list......

Motheratlarge said...

Much deserved - congratulations. Don't worry about Bad Lindy - she's probably just going through a downturn in giblet-related activity.

Omega Mum said...

M@L: Thanks for the comment. I, too, am hoping it's just a phase. I don't want to have to reinforce the front door against her - it looks so desperate, somehow, but it may happen yet.

Irene said...

I'll be on the look out for Bad Lindy's Award. Does she go after people who comment on your blog?

Congratulations on the award. I bet Bad Lindy is just jealous.

Potty Mummy said...

The woman is a menace... Congrats on the award, by the way. Be careful or Bad Lindy will appropriate it and do something obscene to the picture.

Iota said...

Sad bastard trapped in Cyber Space... yup, that's me.

How about countering with a "Proud to be SBTICS" award, which looks lke an odd abbreviation of obstetrics, somehow.

Anonymous said...

Love the new award. Congratulations!

Crystal xx

Omega Mum said...

Sweet Irene: Just avoid mentioning men in your blog at all would be my tip - but nobody's safe.

Potty Mummy: She's already violated the kittens (you can only see from the front, though)

Iota: Nobody here is a sad bastard. Believe me, I know. You're a guaranteed top notch riveting read and if necessary I'll man the barricades in front of your blog myself and burn electrons to keep warm while warding off attacks from Bad Lindy.

CJ: Thank you so much.