Friday 11 January 2008

Pillow talk

'Offered: Old pillows for composting. Feathers are basically organic - so why not compost them? For a perfect mix, mix the feathers with hair, which contains ten times the nitrogen of most manures and add wetter stuff, like tea bags.'

"Why bother with tea bags?" says Vicky, when I mention this to her, later. "If you've got all that hair to get rid of, you've clearly got a whole body to dispose of and it's definitely not a time to stint. I'd add some blood and top the whole thing off with a few intestines, woven in to vary the texture. Done nicely, you'd have a visual focus that anyone would be proud of. After all, those willow hurdles are so terribly pre-global warming, aren't they?

"In fact," she says,"I might to suggest it to Dave.You'd have thought that what with niche marketing taking off, somebody would be catering for the psychopath keen on reducing his bloodstained carbon footprint but not a bit of it. When he really does start running amok with his Stanley knife, he'll be wanting a few tips on being creative with body parts, and I'd guarantee it's not something they're covering off in those TV property programmes."

8 comments:

Mya said...

A couple of severed heads either side of your gates would certainly make a change from lions or griffins.

Mya x

Omega Mum said...

I knew I called it 'Decapitation Towers' for a reason.

Irene said...

I have just spend a wonderful long time getting all caught up on all of your posts. I hadn't been here for some time and it was so much fun reading everything in one fell swoop. I see you've still got your splendid wacky sense of humor. I really had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I did a post a bit since about maybe castrating a peodophile if I ever found him. I wonder if any body part might be used for something useful.

Crystal xx

Gwen said...

If you have any local terrorists (or is that just me) you might want to pass on your tips. I'm sure they would be gratefully received.

Omega Mum said...

Sweet Irene: How lovely you're back! I thought you'd given up on me. So pleased to hear from you again.

Omega Mum said...

CJ: I hope you will always carry a good opinion of me. Gulp.

Omega Mum said...

Gwen: You are the local terrorist person, at least you always will be to me.