Monday 18 February 2008

Half term - double the fun. Guaranteed!!!

Worried about missing out on those precious early morning school run moments over half term?

Now, just for you, local authorities have combined forces to come up with a very special offer: the chance to double the fun all the way through to Easter by spreading your half term over not one, but two whole weeks, absolutely free!

It's so easy. There are no forms to fill out - you don't even have to scrawl an 'x' on a document with a shaky, hungover hand.

Follow these simple steps and there's a very real chance that you, too, can make lie ins a thing of the past!!

All you have to do is have at least two children in different schools run by different councils and you can virtually guarantee that, despite the giant steps in communications technology, those crazy officials in adjoining areas just a few miles apart will never talk to each other when they're planning the school calendar!

The result? Pure magic.

Thrill in Week 1 as the first child on half term is prodded awake so you can get the others, who aren't, to their school on time.

Then enjoy the experience in reverse the following week.

Lie back - or, more realistically, sit bolt upright - and give your life a boost by keeping the roller coaster term time experiences coming all the way through half term, too - guaranteed!

Thrill to that all time 6.30 am favourite, "Mum, have you seen my sports shirt? I need it NOW!"

Gasp at the twists and turns of the daringly plotted hunt to find it against the clock.

Marvel at the way it turns up under the sofa, covered with dog hair and unexplained sticky patches, just after you've dropped a distraught child, sobbing, "I'm going to get detention if I turn up without it."

Wonder at the high powered car chase as you try to work out exactly which bus the children are on and if it's possible to throw the shirt through the window

Snore as those powerful tranquillisers kick in

And next week - do the same thing all over again.

Happy Half Term!!!!

12 comments:

Casdok said...

How wonderful for you! You must be so thrilled!! And free as well!

Potty Mummy said...

Apparantly there are some schools round here that are running half term for - gasp - 2 whole weeks! Have they no mercy?

debio said...

I'm thinking of you, om, really I am!

No Half Terms here - just soldiering on....

Iota said...

My kids are off school today for.... Presidents' Day! Yes, really.

Dumdad said...

How stupid is that? You'd think they'd liaise over something like that. Luckily, our two kids in different schools are off at the same time - just as well otherwise we couldn't go to CenterParcs.

P.S. Of course, ONE of your kids could be "sick" for the week so righting a wrong!

Anonymous said...

I find myself in the middle of such 'double fun' at the moment. I keep trying to tell myself that it means that each child has more quality time when on half term, but actually...

It's just a question of who holds up the school run by not being ready because they 'don't have to be' and thinks 'it caaan't be bedtime now, Daddy, I haven't got school in the morning.'

Cath said...

Not forgetting the budget for booze suddenly increasing threefold or more to cope with it all....

I have received the SAE but unfortunately my children refuse to get in it. The supplied postage will only suffice if I pass them through a mangle first and then fold them. They objected to this. Sorry.

BTW, it will cost an awful lot more than an SAE. Although flattery works for them to get their own way, lots of "reward" in the shape of money works for me to get the obedience. Sorry if I misled you.

Elizabeth Musgrave said...

Oh yes, I remember this so well. And the astonishing number of notes about vitally important things which never made it home leading to words at a quarter to nine. Grown up children are a marvellous thing.

molly gras said...

AAAAGGGGGGHHHH!!!

[I'm sorry, did I not express my sympathy clearly enough]

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!

[what the hell is mid-term break for BUT TO SLEEP IN!!]

*drink liberally, my dear friend, drink!

DJ Kirkby said...

That's carzy! What about working parents who don't get half terms off? Arrrggghhhh, where is my Valium?

Anonymous said...

Hi ! I dont have much time these days to leave messages... so, quickly : I DO ENJOY your blog !

Omega Mum said...

Casdok: You must be able to sense the warmth of my smile through the tears

Potty Mummy: Awful. The horror.

Debio: No half terms? You're kidding. How long are the terms there?

Iota: We should Northern Rock day, when everybody looks sad and broke. Oh, sorry - we do that every day, don't we?

Dumdad: I am pleased for you. Just - but working on it.

Ben: But to have quality time, you have to speak to them and do things with them, don't you? Lack of quality time is a big thing in our house. Or quantity time. We do lots of that, too. Nice to see you here, anyway.

Crazycath. Am sending packhorse. They still sound nicer than mine. Am also blog linking you.

Elizabethm: It sounds gorgeous. Trade? Crazycath is going off the idea.

Molly gras: Sorry? Didn't quite catch that.

DJ: Don't you remember - you lent the valium to me? Do you get cash back on the empties?

Chonchon: How lovely of you. Thank you so much. I feel I should be learning French....