Sunday 3 June 2007

Fascinating tagging facts

I had a spider named after me at a zoo (just my first name, you understand - I hadn't discovered a new species in my back garden). She was a Mexican red-kneed bird-eating spider. She had a steady gaze and I suspect she could have drunk me under the table, but they refused to let her out for the evening so I could put it to the test

I do not have especially hairy knees, though I hope to grow a handlebar moustache for Christmas

I am the only one of my siblings not on anti-depressants. Sometimes, I wonder if it could be me who depresses them

I once piloted an airship. Briefly, somewhere over Bedford. It was fun, though.

I am around average height. But my brother is offically classified as a giant.

My father, who experienced it, wrote what is probably the only humorous account of the Holocaust. We are still trying to find a publisher

These are all the facts I can think of, but I will add some more later.

I would like to nominate Mother at Large, To Miss with Love, Debio, My Life Now, Orchidea and Wolfgrrl as tagees. And the best of luck to them. I think I also left comments for a couple of other people asking if they'd like to be tagged. If so, please, please add yourselves to the list.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one ever tags me...it is because I am so unremarkable... By the way Ilike hairy women... Vote for me !! CLICK HERE

Omega Mum said...

Mutley, consider yourself tagged. I thought that now you were on the hustings you wouldn't have time. I'd like something on hairy women, if poss. PS I have tried to vote for you. There's loads of ways of nominating people but nothing that says 'Vote'.

Stay at home dad said...

Very good. The best tag job I've read yet.

I'll watch out for the Omega spider. Sounds frightening

lady macleod said...

Was your family in the circus? what facinating details. I love spiders! That is so cool.

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed at the number of tags that go around. I think I read 5 this weekend alone. lol

Anonymous said...

Ooh, er, I once knew a woman who could plait her nipple hair. No, I'm not her and I'm not including that in my list.

Ta for the tag! Will get round to it asap.

Omega Mum said...

Glad you enjoyed facts. Glad feed is working again. Now back to business. Paige - I think tagging is probably the equivalent of the chain letter - but so far nobody's suggested death and disaster if you fail to come up with the facts.

Omega Mum said...

Orchidea: Sorry - PLAIT her nipple hair? My God, I can't even plait my daughter's head hair. She had to teach herself and then teach her little sister. And how did she grow the stuff in the first place? I think the world needs to know.

debio said...

OMG this tagging thing has given me a sleepless night....your tags are so interesting; I'm afraid mine will only confirm how pedestrain my life is/has been...

Omega Mum said...

Debio - Don't lose sleep. It will all come to you and we'll be riveted. And you can take as long as you like or just not do it....

Gwen said...

Great facts Omega Mum. The spider sounds a bit scary though. I have a lovely spider living under my washing machine at the moment but I just can't entice him out to safely dispose of him out the window.

Kelly Innes said...

I want a spider named after me. Actually, maybe not spider as they creep me out...penguin? Must set DH on case. BTW have added you to my blog links. Hope this is OK?

Omega Mum said...

Gwen: your spider just wants alcohol and his smalls washed, then he'll go. Trust me, I'm an arachnophile.
Kelly: Go to your local zoo and hang out by the penguins with a fish, looking needy. In the end they take pity on you. Mind you, I did have to eat a lot of bluebottles first.

Omega Mum said...

Kelly: PS thanks for blog link.

Kelly Innes said...

Any time OM. Have booked my slot at the zoo- penguin city here I come!

Omega Mum said...

Good for you, Kelly. Am thrilled for you.

dulwichmum said...

You really are terribly impressive!

DM

Omega Mum said...

Either terribly impressive, or terribly good at sifting out those little nuggets of gold from the great big acres of dross.

kimber said...

Very cool about the spider! I shall eagerly take up this tag in a day or two -- that'll give me a bit of time to devise satisfactory answers!

Omega Mum said...

Kimber, that's brilliant. I know I posted on your own site but well done with your short story. It's very clever of you.